06 7 / 2012
Part 1 is here
Again, please credit me if you repost this translation. I love to share news with other fans but, this took me a long time and all that. I broke up the quotes a bit because it was hard to read in the original.
* = something not 100% sure about
Translated as fast as possible so it is awkward. Whatever, right? :D
The 20th anniversary project of “Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon” has finally started to come alive. Regarding the 20th anniversary, Mitsuishi said she honestly wondered why the people around the world weren’t getting more excited but then was terribly shocked when she arrived and saw what a significant event it was and that they’d have to proceed carefully so that the work wouldn’t be terrible*. ”I just keep saying the word ‘terrible’” (haha).
"Last year I acted in Toei’s "Pretty Cure" show but there were really so many staff members there who cried and told me, “I’ve watched ‘Sailor Moon’ since I was a child and I joined Toei because I wanted to make an anime just like that.”
"There are a lot of people who grew up liking ‘Sailor Moon’ just as it is. So when making this new series, we really have to put our hearts into it and power it up compared to the last show. Unless we strive to do that, I don’t think we can satisfy the people watching the show. So, I want to do my best. I’m excited."
Furuya said, “20 years…it has already been 20 years huh…I’m so moved. Back then, to spend five straight years working with Kotono and the rest, wasn’t it a show that created such a huge boom? Girls in their 20s were super crazy over it, huh. Everyone was playing Sailor Moon. I had been hoping, “I wonder if they’d let me do it again.” After all, there aren’t many chances for me to be Tuxedo Kamen. It has been a while since I’ve met up with Kotono like this too. From the bottom of my heart, I hope we can be involved in the new show together. We have this event today and going forward, we’ll be back on the same path perhaps, with ‘Sailor Moon.’ If everyone puts together a fun show, surely a good result will follow. I’m looking forward to it. Also, to think that Mr. Osano was such a funny person! I have finally learned this after 20 years (haha). That’s what I gathered today” he said enthusiastically.
Also, Osano said “Even if I talked, it can’t be helped but here is a message from Takeuchi Naoko. Now, normally the person in charge would just ghost write something like this (and here, the crowd rustled “ah he’s so blunt!”), but today I’m just a messenger boy. I’ve received this updated message written directly from the person herself. Ah, maybe it is better if it is read by a woman so Ms. Mitsuishi, I leave it to you.” Then he handed over the message from Ms. Takeuchi.
Hi everyone, it is the original creator Takeuchi Naoko. It has been 20 years since the serialization began. I’ve received word about a new publication and anime and, in any case, I was surprised. This was a work that was beloved and brought happiness to so many people at the time. Even now when I hear that title, I feel just a bit embarrassed. Surely everyone must feel the same, right? But, the other day I heard a story that made me happy. It seems the originator of pigtails was Sailor Moon.
I often hear that Sailor Moon is a beloved show throughout the world, even now. When I hear things like that, I’m just the simple creator who always jumps for joy. I still don’t know what kind of things will develop after this. To be honest, I’m scared. But, if the characters once again struggle through for us, it might be interesting - this is what I secretly think. First is first - today is the first step. Everyone, I’d be happy if everyone is gentle and says to the NicoNico face warmly “welcome home.” I’d be happy if you said it with as much yearning as possible. Unless you do this for me, then Usagi-playing Koto-chan might say “In the name of the moon, I punish you!”
Welcoming this 20 year anniversary, “Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon” takes a new step forward. With the people who loved the show then, and with the people who haven’t seen the show, let’s look forward to the developments from here on.
●”Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon” 20th Anniversary Project Start!
Collectors edition “Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon” (all 10 books) reprint!
In October 2012, a collectors edition of “Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon” (all 10) will be published at a pace of once a month. Aimed at fans, the series will be in color and restored as much as possible. A4 size, boxed version. There will be a page for the 20th anniversary. Also, a collectors “Code Name Sailor V” volume 1 will be published.
Anime “Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon” Memorial DVD Collection (tentative title) will be sold. The TV animation that ran 5 years between 1992 and 1997 will feature each character separately featuring their individual traits. Each senshi will be featured in each DVD every month. This begins 2012 October.
2013 Summer, new anime starts
A new “Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon” anime starts in summer of 2013! We are in plans to show this not just in Japan but throughout the world. The theme song will be sung by Momoiro Clover Z.
On top of these, starting in 2012 Autumn, we will be rereleasing certain merchandise and having various events. As soon as the details are confirmed, we will announced it on the Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon Channel (→こちら）and other places.
- bonjournatey reblogged this from sailormoonlife
- osharina likes this
- floppergostic likes this
- my-skeletons likes this
- doremi7893 likes this
- guesswho25 reblogged this from groveofglades
- guesswho25 likes this
- groveofglades reblogged this from bandersnatch-ed
- bandersnatch-ed reblogged this from sailormoonlife
- kasukasumoe reblogged this from sugarkitty-chan
- avantharis likes this
- sugarkitty-chan reblogged this from sailormoonlife
- sugarkitty-chan likes this
- coquifroggy reblogged this from mizuki-takashima
- invinciblend likes this
- kailaoceano reblogged this from sailormoonlife
- scarlettlillies reblogged this from sailormoonlife
- scarlettlillies likes this
- velvetwood reblogged this from silvermoon424
- hatchuu likes this
- flaneurinthecity likes this
- thegirlwithmanynames likes this
- tulipfiend reblogged this from mizuki-takashima
- mizuki-takashima reblogged this from sailormoonlife
- mizuki-takashima likes this
- thescentofwhiteroses likes this
- endymionandserenity reblogged this from sailormoonlife
- endymionandserenity likes this
- amon-a-boat-with-joo-dee likes this
- officialtowntroubadour likes this
- jackiejacka reblogged this from silvermoon424
- lunawings reblogged this from triaelf9
- alicexwonder likes this
- linneakou likes this
- airyairyquitecontrary reblogged this from sailormoonlife
- triaelf9 reblogged this from silvermoon424 and added:
- airyairyquitecontrary likes this
- hypedupteacup likes this
- gisellegrenwille likes this
- duties reblogged this from sailormoonlife and added:
- geishasakura reblogged this from ochibawolf
- kissthemoongoodnight likes this
- bewareohmortalsouls reblogged this from sailormoonlife and added:
- heliotropo likes this
- shirazkun likes this
- cessoireesla reblogged this from sparklepipsi
- lind-y reblogged this from silvermoon424
- oksoitsgino reblogged this from aeonispi
- badnewsmouse reblogged this from seekerslipstream